TR: Yosemite Edge Piece (July 7-9, 2023)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Yosemite Edge Piece (July 7-9, 2023)

Post by giantbrookie »

Great report to get our anticipation up over things thawing in a couple of months. This is certainly an area that isn't passed through that much. Of all of the great views, I like the "aerial" view of Edith L the best. I haven't been to the top of Nance, but I've looked at it from Edith twice, so it's super cool to see the view from above.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

Thank you for the report, which is getting me refocused on this summer. Sounds like a superb trip. One of my favorite areas--I've been back several times. Your photo of the outlet of Little Bear is very similar to one I took--that is a particularly magical spot. But you had more water! I camped very near it.
DSC02862.jpg

The comment about wading Boundary Lake confused me. Where were you crossing? At the northern end I don't remember any choke points that would need wading, unless you are referring to that cliff than comes straight down into the water, and I never considered that--I went up and around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frozenintime
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by frozenintime »

yeah, at the very northern edge of boundary lake. there were some cliffs, and below that some brushy stuff that was just easier to wade around instead of push through.

the west side of spotted fawn was the really, really brushy and knotted up area. that was a much longer wade, and staying on dry land seemed like a foolish choice.