Lake of the Lone Indian

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Lake of the Lone Indian

Post by Lumbergh21 »

This probably belongs in the Campfire Forum, but I was hoping someone knows if there is any significance to the circle of stones with a cross in it that lines up with the points of the compass. It's located at 37.47708, -118.93531, approximately 400 feet NW of LOTLI.
LOTLI Circle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grampy
Topix Expert

Re: Lake of the Lone Indian

Post by grampy »

there’s a Facebook post (with some responses) on this subject … posted today in the John Muir Trail user’s group.
I assume it’s not a coincidence that you are asking the same question on the same day ?
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert

Re: Lake of the Lone Indian

Post by Lumbergh21 »

grampy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:28 pm there’s a Facebook post (with some responses) on this subject … posted today in the John Muir Trail user’s group.
I assume it’s not a coincidence that you are asking the same question on the same day ?
Not a coincidence at all. I thought I would take the question to a forum with lots of experienced Sierra hikers.