Hiking Guidance Needed

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
davishere
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Hiking Guidance Needed

Post by davishere »

Hi everyone, this is Dave. I’m always looking for new places to explore. I’ve been to the Sierra Nevada in California a few times and I love the scenery there. The mountains, lakes, forests, and wildlife are amazing. I’m wondering if there are any hiking spots in Mexico that are similar to the Sierra Nevada. I did some web search and I found some interesting trails that might be worth checking out. Here are some of them: Sierra Madre Occidental, Nevado de Toluca, Huasteca Potosina.

These are just some of the places that I’m interested in visiting, but I’m open to other suggestions as well. Do you have any recommendations for hiking spots in Mexico that are similar to the Sierra Nevada? What are the best times to go, and what should I bring? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading and happy trails!
davishere
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Hiking Guidance Needed

Post by davishere »

An update: I have done further more research. First one is Ajusco Summit Trail in Cumbres Del Ajusco National Park. It’s one of the most popular hikes in Mexico. Another option is the Paricutin Volcano hike in Michoacan. This is one of the youngest volcanoes in the world and one of the Seven Natural Wonders. And the last option is, more like relaxing and scenic, Cusarare Falls Trail in Copper Canyon. I was wondering about contacting some local guides who can show me around and share their knowledge and come across this https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides Any thoughts on this? Personally, I think they can arrange a nice hiking itinerary for me as am I am new to that place.