North Lake to Pine Creek via Humphrey's Basin

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
bilby
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: North Lake to Pine Creek via Humphrey's Basin

Post by bilby »

I did a similar trip in August and we hiked out in the middle of the tropical storm. I'll get my long-delayed trip report up shortly (I'm also a lurker)!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: North Lake to Pine Creek via Humphrey's Basin

Post by Harlen »

Hey nunez, Lizzie and I loved this report, and we sure hope it is the first of many. I too really love that image of the storm coming in over L- Lake.
At first I thought the photo captions read from the bottom up, and thought your caption: "Pilot Knob from upper French Canyon" was for that storm picture. I thought it nice that you choose to highlight the image of Pilot Knob shining there in the very center of the image; but no, that was for the next photo wasn't it? And that isn't pilot Knob at all, but some peak hanging over Granite Park. Anyhow, I love that image, wherever it is.
We also really admire that mid-day photo down on upper French Canyon-- that's a masterful shot for the middle of the day. And your very last, parting shot of Lower Pine Lake should be on your wall!

You guys hit one of the Sierra's highlight spots, and even with all the wet, and minus the one day, I bet it felt like a great success. Cheers, Ian.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.