Child Carriers

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Child Carriers

Post by sparky »

thanks for all the suggestions, yes we have a front carrier sling for now, but he kind of scrunches up in it and doesnt like it, but he falls asleep after whining about the wierdness of it, I just dont like how his neck gets scrunched. Was hoping they had some sort of clockwork orange type device to support the head of newborns lol

hmm i havnt thought about the too old to carry too young to go very far phase, have never used a horse packer although I have dreamed about a pack anuimal on about every backpacking trip i have done haha

thanks again for all the input, everyone added some valuable info thanks will go with the osprey as long as the fit is right
OldMomHiker
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Child Carriers

Post by OldMomHiker »

A little late here, but we used an Osprey and loved it. I'd still be able to comfortably carry my kid since he's not quite 50 pounds, but he's 7.5 and his long, jangly spider legs would be a nuisance. Also, being 7.5 he has no business being carried around, even when he thinks he is incapable of walking. But if I needed to, the Osprey would still work with his weight, no problem.