Favorite Waterfalls

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
JosiahSpurr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Favorite Waterfalls

Post by JosiahSpurr »

Here's a Pinyon Creek waterfall south of Onion Valley out of Independence, CA:
14185811284_48031b905c.jpg
Here's the whole album:

https://josiah.piwigo.com/index?/catego ... 4/start-15

Ty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

texan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:56 pm Never seen those falls before, looks impressive. I big question for me is how is the fishing in Edyth. Thanks for sharing.

Texan
Both Edyth and 5728 downstream have nice rainbows running to about 17". I think the rainbows are as big or bigger in some of the more accessible trail-reached lakes of NW Yosemite, but the scenic beauty of Edyth is what really makes it worthwhile. The waterfall is part of it, as is the ginormous face of Nance Peak above Edyth.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
texan
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by texan »

Thanks GB for the reply and info. I might try Edyth someday since the fishing looks good from the info you provided. Also stay safe I think you live in Fresno area. Too much water right now plus all of the flooding. I grew up in Bakersfield and the Kern River is really bad right now. At Kernville, last night they said the inflow to Lake Isabella got to 45000cfs, that's crazy, it now up to 200,000acre ft.

Texan
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by dave54 »

After habituating the area for years, I finally hiked in to Bassi Falls, near Icehouse Reservoir. I knew it was there, but always had another hike or activity that was calling me instead.
So last summer I put it off no longer. It is a nice waterfall.
It is popular, with lots of visitors. It is a 3.5 mile round trip.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=