Bookshelf

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Bookshelf

Post by richlong8 »

Perhaps some of you are spending time dreaming and preparing for some trips this summer. This site is a great resource, but I also have a library that I use quite a bit. There is just something about the printed page that I love. In light of that, I thought I would post with a photo of the books I am looking at the most right now. I am going to have a second photo of some of my favorite fishing books. I do not know if there is any interest in this subject, but I think there is a lot to talk about is you are a book lover like myself. Are there any books you would recommend? Do you dislike any of the books I posted? Have a great evening.
hikingbooks.jpg
fishing books1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grampy
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Bookshelf

Post by grampy »

There are a few of these titles I will have to look for. Thanks for posting these.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

This is my bedside table. Rotates seasonally.

I think the Richins guide is kinda bad. Wouldn't recommend it.
20230110_230143.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by TahoeJeff »

Here are my fishing books from 12 years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4952&p=30392#p30392
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
richlong8
Topix Expert

Post by richlong8 »

Awesome collection of fishing books! I have some of those, for sure, but there are some titles that are not so familiar. I am not a fly fisherman per se, though I carry a few flies, that I will occasionally use with a bobber. But I love the fly fishing books that provide a lot of information on how to fish, and special places in the sierra. Those books on brown trout look very interesting. I did not know they existed.
richlong8
Topix Expert

Post by richlong8 »

c9h13no3 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:05 am This is my bedside table. Rotates seasonally.

I think the Richins guide is kinda bad. Wouldn't recommend it.

20230110_230143.jpg
I like "High Sierra". Great book, very useful at times.