looking for partner(s) Cloud Canyon via Roaring River

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
JosiahSpurr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

looking for partner(s) Cloud Canyon via Roaring River

Post by JosiahSpurr »

This month or next (November '22) looking for companion(s) to explore and find a route into Cloud Canyon from CA-180 via Roaring River drainage. CA-180 is the road into Kings Canyon NP that ends at Roads End.

Want to avoid the up & down that comes with Avalanche Pass.

I've been over the ridge that's south of CA-180 twice. There's a very nice route just due W of Roaring Riv. There's a steeper one up a canyon to the W of that.

I'm available anytime. Cheers.
Lenier
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: looking for partner(s) Cloud Canyon via Roaring River

Post by Lenier »

Hey man, sorry I never got back to you about Moose Lake. I ended up being able to go after a bad bout of Covid in August though! We then bought a house and just now got settled in.

I am planning on a Circle of Solitude Trip, but of course would be up for anything else and live close to this area.

Where are you hoping to reach, and which TH would you return to?
JosiahSpurr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: looking for partner(s) Cloud Canyon via Roaring River

Post by JosiahSpurr »

Hey, man, how's the new house? I want to reach the Whaleback. I wasn't thinking of using a trail. But, since CA-180 is closed, now I am. I'm open to ideas, thank you. I climbed Silliman years ago, that would be nice!