TR: Picture Peak 13,120' Aug 28 2022

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Picture Peak 13,120' Aug 28 2022

Post by SNOOOOW »

c9h13no3 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am The Clyde Spires look impressive in your photos :)

Great trip Snooow! That's sure a nice summit. All I remember from my climb was that I absolutely did not want to go back the same way! I descended the south side and hiked happily back down the Moonlight Lake valley, and around to our camp by Hungry Packer Lake. Congratulations-- it sounds like you guys made it easily.
Cheers, Ian.
Agreed, I was staring at The Clyde Spires wondering how many people have actually climbed those.

Thanks Ian, that whole area is always fun to spend time in. I need to make it up over Echo Col 1 of these days too.
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Picture Peak 13,120' Aug 28 2022

Post by Gazelle »

I have done one of clyde spires and didnt get the others as thunderstorms were coming….Need to go back! Been over echo col 4 times, mostly to get to ionian basin.
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein