Wildlife Cameras in Remote Spots

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Wildlife Cameras in Remote Spots

Post by Shawn »

Hey Cameron, I've never seen a Sierra Red Fox but I admire the work being done to get them on camera. Some years back I became interested in setting camera traps as a result of using them to recover lost dogs and often finding photos of wildlife I hadn't expected. It gets to be a bit addictive, setting cameras out for a month or more and then wondering what it may, or may not reveal after the fact. It's really a hoot looking thru the hundred or more videos & photos just waiting to see one or two great captures.
CougarB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Wildlife Cameras in Remote Spots

Post by cgundersen »

Shawn,
A cousin in the Midwest has done the same thing and though he mostly gets deer, rabbits and the occasional coyote, he's also picked up a couple of fishers and a badger. But no big cats; that's an impressive specimen and those paws are scary! Cameron