Florence Lake Ferry

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
jillsocean
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Florence Lake Ferry

Post by jillsocean »

Hi,
Does anyone know if reservations can be made for the Florence Lake ferry? The website is down and I am trying to gather info. Does anyone know the cost for a r/t fare, and the likelihood of getting six people on the 4:30 pm ferry on a Monday afternoon? Thanks!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Florence Lake Ferry

Post by maverick »

Last I read it was $20 one way and $38 round trip.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
jillsocean
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by jillsocean »

Thank you
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by overheadx2 »

I was just up there fishing at Edison in early July. Wanting to fish Mono Creek, I headed to Florence for a day. The ferry for Florence was running, but the schedule was very limited. I do not remember the exact times, but I believe it was 9 and 12 to go and 1 and 4 to return. I asked about an unscheduled trip. They said they were only doing scheduled runs then. It may be different now. If you are planning on the 9 Am trip, give yourself plenty of time since the last 28 miles past Lake Huntington will take well over an hour.