Markskor Memorial

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Markskor Memorial

Post by oldranger »

Mark's son Bryan and I have set up a brief memorial and remembrance gathering for Friday August 19, 4 to 7 Pm at the Shady Rest Picnic Shelter in Mammoth. All are welcome! The following day we will return Mark to where he belongs. That, unfortunately, must be a private event.

If you can make the gathering please let me know.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Markskor Memorial

Post by BSquared »

Ah, wish I could go! I'll be out there but have to get back home by 2 August. I'll be thinking of Mark, though. Thanks for doing this!
—B²
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Harlen »

Same message from me Mike. We will be across the country on that date. We especially want to thank you for doing this; he was a special person, and will be missed. Ian and Lizzie.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Bringing this up front. No positive responses so far which is ok. I know everyone has plans, Just mark's family and myself is fine. But would like to know if anyone else will be attending so can plan refreshments/food.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Silky Smooth »

Hello, I know everyone is busy right now with July in full swing. August is approaching fast and Mark's memorial as well. As you are all making/finalizing/adjusting your August plans, consider dropping by for Marksor remembrance. I don't have to tell any of you how special Mark was. He is greatly missed, it is quiet on the artist front here on the forum. I miss his excitement for the high country, his passion, and his humor. He is still inspiring people on the forum, I loved hearing people referring to trip advise on a TR this year that Mark had given them. Tuolumne is quiet without him. If you think you'll stop by, please drop Mike a line. Let's show some support for Mark and for all the wonderful years of art and friendship.