North Emigrant Advice

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: North Emigrant Advice

Post by kpeter »

balzaccom wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:43 pm It's a great area. I even set part of my third mystery novel up there. It should be out in early July: Holes in the Ground.
I think I recognize the cover of Falling Rocks. Are those the cliffs at Boundary Lake?
Love the Sierra
Topix Expert

Post by Love the Sierra »

I have never been to Huckleberry or Letora, but Emmigrant is really gorgeous! There were GIANT lupins there and the granite goes right up to the edge of the lake. that is not a great description, but take a look at the pictures. Also, there is a meadow carpeted in lupins (also a pic in the TR) that was so fragrant! You pass through that meadow and turn a blind corner and then you are at that stunning lake! Maybe it is the approach through the lupin meadow and then hitting that granite with the lake splashing up to it that makes it so stunning.
Sunshine and I just loved it!
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by balzaccom »

kpeter wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:17 am
balzaccom wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:43 pm It's a great area. I even set part of my third mystery novel up there. It should be out in early July: Holes in the Ground.
I think I recognize the cover of Falling Rocks. Are those the cliffs at Boundary Lake?
Wow! They are indeed! Good on ya!

I debated making each cover a mystery of its own ...but then thought better of driving traffic to places that would then get too much attention.

But now that you've raised the question ..what about the cover for Bones of the Earth?
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
kpeter
Topix Fanatic

Post by kpeter »

balzaccom wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:16 am
kpeter wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:17 am
Wow! They are indeed! Good on ya!

I debated making each cover a mystery of its own ...but then thought better of driving traffic to places that would then get too much attention.

But now that you've raised the question ..what about the cover for Bones of the Earth?
It looks familiar to me but I can't place it. It may be that I can't get a good enough view of the cover, blown up. And there is the Swanwick sci-fi novel that pops up on Google. I guess I will purchase the novel and then more properly gaze at the cover, before devouring the mystery ;)
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by balzaccom »

There is a tiny clue in the Bones cover that might help. Look carefully...
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
CalMntHkr
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by CalMntHkr »

Letora is a very beautiful lake. I have a very large picture of it hanging in my livingroom. Maxwell has the best fishing with really good size trout. Letora has no fish as far as I can tell. One should not miss both Buck Lakes. The choice is yours..