SPS 2022 Site for conditions

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
erutan
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

SPS 2022 Site for conditions

Post by erutan »

Two climbers are trying to bag all the SPS peaks this season and post regular updates - some of them are quite well written and it's worth checking out to see if they've been in an area you're curious about: https://www.sps2022.com/updates
sps2022
Topix Newbie

Re: SPS 2022 Site for conditions

Post by sps2022 »

Hi, I administer the SPS2022 website -- thanks for linking to it.

Nathan and Travis are currently working on the west side having just done Harrington and Kennedy yesterday and Goat today. I'm not sure if they'll get mobile coverage or wifi before they head out for the peaks of the Great Western Divide (plus Picket Guard and Kern Point) for 4 days or so. And then on to Mineral King to the Kaweahs and Angora/Coyote Peaks via Farewell Gap (southern access was closed).

Feel free to ask for specific conditions and I can either forward questions or post a few pictures as soon as possible (I'm currently a couple days behind).

Dan
erutan
Topix Expert

Post by erutan »

I saw their signatures in the register on Midway, thanks for putting in the work on the website. :)
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

Very cool.
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

Yeah, Travis is a good follow on Strava as well. They need to be better at self promotion, what they're doing is pretty awesome.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.