TR: Edith lake 04/30-05/02

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
oddtiger
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Edith lake 04/30-05/02

Post by oddtiger »

@Wandering Daisy Wow, I would never take my wife to a bushwhacking trip unless that's what she asks for :D . You had a happy ending though.

@giantbrookie I fished for food and it was pretty easy to catch enough. The size was not very impressive but good for eating, mostly between 10-13". For an early season destination, I'd go back for sure, maybe with my daughters next time.

@fourputt Thanks for the closeup photos of the falls. I was thinking of either climbing up to the falls or getting downstream, and picked the latter one. Next time! When I search this topic on Google, there are also references mentioning the daughter's name is Edith Nance. It's interesting to learn the story of the naming changes over years. The "Y" definitely would make a unique name!
BillyBobBurro
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by BillyBobBurro »

An inspiring trip report.

I hope to do a trip in the near future entering at Leavitt Lake and exiting at Eleanor lake. Traveling through twin lakes and then down the Kendrick creek drainage.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

Thanks for posting , I really enjoyed your trip and photos. Sounds like you had a wonderful quiet trip of solitude.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

I really enjoyed your report, especially the photos.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Man, that's a lot of granite. Made for some beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting you report.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray