Short east side trip info for 4/9

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Short east side trip info for 4/9

Post by Harlen »

LTS, Glad you got in there. It looks pretty nice from your photos, but I guess you got a bit of wind too. Nice work getting out while you could still enjoy the snowfall.
The wind was gusting over 45 mph in the morning when I packed camp at 6:00am. Snow was already falling at higher altitudes and blowing into the camp. It was so pretty to see the individual flakes that held their shape and didn’t melt!
Beautiful!

We couldn't see the first 3 images, but enjoyed your second set of 3. Thanks for posting, Ian.

100_0454.JPG
View up Little Lakes Valley this past February.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Love the Sierra
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Love the Sierra »

@Harlen Weird, there was only one set of images. Only three since it was such a short trip.
I have time blocked off for vacation the end of this month. I hope that I will have better luck with the weather and get to stay out longer. Although, I am glad the mo7ntains are getting. More precipitation.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Harlen »

Good luck with the weather. Here's what I saw that made me think I was missing some of your first images:

We made camp at Mosquito flat. Mostly snow but found a dry spot to pitch the tent. Image
Next to the word "image" was a green square icon; do you also see this? Perhaps that just means that there is an image coming below?
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Love the Sierra
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Love the Sierra »

Uggg, yes I see it and it says “image”
I have no idea why they ended up at the end of the post and not where I put them. I am glad that they were in the post at all!