Gear Skeptic - Calories & Nutrition

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
treks
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Gear Skeptic - Calories & Nutrition

Post by treks »

Maybe some of you may already know this guy's YouTube channel. I have found the videos to be amazing and very informational. He breaks down the different kinds of foods, what kind of nutrients the body wants on the trail and gives pros and cons of different food choices.

Here is his channel with the videos available.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCflIoV ... DDw/videos

And here is a spreadsheet compiled off of his chart in the video. It is amazingly detailed. I recommend checking out all of his videos. He puts heart in them and is thoughtful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2030650696
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Gear Skeptic - Calories & Nutrition

Post by Gazelle »

wow that spreadsheet must have taken forever!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
treks
Topix Acquainted

Post by treks »

Yeah he does a great job. That spreadsheet is massive.
TurboHike
Topix Regular

Post by TurboHike »

I've seen his videos and I find the style to be somewhat strange, with only a pair of hands in the video. After a few minutes it's almost unwatchable in my opinion. Otherwise the content is good.