2022 HST Post Covid Meetup

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

2022 HST Post Covid Meetup

Post by maverick »

Hello Members,

Since the time to get permits for this event is coming up in a couple of weeks, I would like to see how much interest there would be in having our 2022 HST Meetup; the location is the same as last year's canceled location, Ladder Lake.

Dates would be a little later in the year, August 4th and 5th, just in case the snow levels are high.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Flamingo
Topix Regular

Re: 2022 HST Post Covid Meetup

Post by Flamingo »

Hi @maverick I'm interested. Great location :)
oleander
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by oleander »

Interested. Always wanted to go there
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic

Post by wildhiker »

Not interested. Location is too remote for me.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Interested but too early to say if I am backpacking in the Sierra or the Wind Rivers this summer. How set are the dates? Maybe I should get a permit just in case, and then cancel it if I go to Wyoming. Last year permits from South Lake (Bishop Pass) sold out quickly.

The location is not that "remote"- all trail access until the last mile or so up the creek to the lake, which is a bit rigorous and slow. Crossing the stream is the first crux, not bad if flow is low, then simply getting around some brush. I would say it is easier to get to than Keweah Basin.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

I plan to be at ladder lake july 19 2022. So wont make meetup, bummer!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
commonloon
Topix Regular

Post by commonloon »

I have lots of stuff going end of July, so just a maybe, but interested for sure. I have been wanting to see it.

..and see a certain piece of rock up close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Since we're expecting our grandchild's birth in late July, I can't commit to any trips in that time frame. I hope everyone who can make it has a great time!
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
wsp_scott
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by wsp_scott »

I'm interested. I have a permit for Taboose on July 28 with thoughts of checking out Palisade and Dusy Basins and Amphitheater, Dumbell and Lake Basin. Probably won't do all of that, but I have up to 11 nights to fill. I've never been in this part of SEKI so I plan on seeing poking around in lots of corners :)
My trip reports: backpackandbeer.blogspot.com
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

Very interested in making this part of my first trip out west in 3 years. Location and time are great should I be able to put together a summer in the Sierra. Still too early to commit as I am in the middle of renovating a house I want to sell as soon as that work is done. Been at it for 18 months already. This meetup date gives me some extra motivation to get that wrapped up asap.

Ladder Lake just out of sight and about to receive some warming morning sun. This is a August 18 image.

The Citadel