Lazy request for activities near Lake Isabella / Kern River.

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
erutan
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lazy request for activities near Lake Isabella / Kern River.

Post by erutan »

jimr, self-employed solo contractor/consultant for the past decade. my partner is able to work remotely as well, though in a different field, so we upgraded a used sprinter I designed / helped build out back in 2015 with solar & a fancy cellular router / antenna to be able to work on the road when covid hit.

gary, saw that earlier, I referenced it above after jim recommended the johnsondale hike. :)
Last edited by erutan on Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Solo contractor/consultant. I know I'm getting personal, but what is your expertise that someone would hire you? Your work days just have me curious.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
erutan
Topix Expert

Post by erutan »

Front end tech to be handwavey, which encompasses UI prototyping, UX research, design & development, content management / site building / information architecture, etc. My hours are adjusted to my partner's work schedule at the moment, though it's not like I don't work here and there outside of that as needed (aside from providing technical and logistical support for her heh). Work days don't really matter so much as deadlines and billable hours, most of the time I'm working solo or as part of a small team and then checking in occasionally anyways.
Last edited by erutan on Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

My son is really into AI. Earlier this year, he informed me that he graduated from community college and was accepted to Cal. Poly Pomona. A few months later, he asked me to look over his resume' (I've read more than my share) and give me my thoughts. My kid is so low key. Not only did he graduate, he graduated with three associates; math, science and physics, and cert of achievement in computer science because they didn't have an associates program to offer. Talk about a proud parent!
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.