Question: Dreaming of Mount Agassiz

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
AlaskaIsCold
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Question: Dreaming of Mount Agassiz

Post by AlaskaIsCold »

Hi!

After looking at pictures and some video I want to lug up an 8k 360 video camera and ambisonic audio to capture dusk and dawn from the peak of Agassiz. As you could imagine it would take a LOT of power, energy, and time to get all that stuff to the top, so my question is this: To those who have hiked up to the summit, Have any of you seen a large flat rock big enough to place a free standing one person tent (or a bivy sack) ontop of? At first I thought there was no way that would work but i have seen a few pics years ago of a group of people posing somewhere on the mtn with their three bivys side by side on some spot on the mtn (very high up but not on the summit or summit ridge), I think there was mention of it being within 50-100ft of the summit. But I cant figure out anymore than that. ive been trying to comb over google maps to see if I can see the spot in their picture. but I imagine with the weight im lugging it will take me most of the day to get up there from the top of bishop pass.

Can anyone who has been up there let me known if you have seen or passed by something like this?

I cant wait till I go! After reading all these trip reports im going to be able to write one of my own!!

--Chris
----
Everyone has a happy place.
Mine is Tulainyo Lake at Sunset.
I do hope to make it back there one day.