Mokelumne- Summit City Creek question, or the Eastside?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mokelumne- Summit City Creek question, or the Eastside?

Post by Harlen »

Paul, I'm struggling with them right now. Very small Bear pics with me wee camera, oh well. But the landscape was beautiful! Later today with luck.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

Whoa crazy trip. I didn't notice this post in time so I didn't post with regard to the hypothetical fishing question coming out of Silver L. I'm pretty sure all of the targets there remain frozen over, even with our light winter, so you would have had to have brought in Tahoe Jeff's ice fishing set up to fish them. Going over Taboose this time of year is grand indeed and I look forward to seeing photos (even though fishing won't be a part of that one, obviously).
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Been there several times in the late '70s. From Carson pass, Salt Springs Res, and even from Blue lakes. Nice hike. The cow bones around the Summit City sign was interesting..
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

I really do want to explore that Summit City Cr. area yet. As for the TR for Taboose, I've got the pics set, and now I'm just wondering how much to divulge in print of my various illegal and embarrassing activities. I.e., it was so damn hot that my ski pants were melting me, and I was reduced to hiking in boxers nearly the whole way to the pass. Thankfully we didn't see anyone but lizards and squirrels, who are a forgiving lot.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.