TR: Spiller, Matterhorn, NE Yosemite 7/21/20-7/26/20

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Spiller, Matterhorn, NE Yosemite 7/21/20-7/26/20

Post by Harlen »

Thanks for the grand TR. As I read and looked through your report, I said to myself, "I must remember to rave about your photos from the HC Pass area;" then your pics from around Matt Canyon thrilled me, and I thought I'd better mention them too, and it went like that right through the report. So I'll just say you took really fine photos of some truly amazing country, throughout your journey!

One area in particular is that view up into Matterhorn Canyon from a magic point on the PCT-- you mention it yourself as making that route choice worthwhile. I can't agree more! Once on the very same route, after nobody for days in Horse Creek and
Spiller Canyon, my friends and I were remarking on the sudden influx of maddening crowds on that section of the PCT... when we too turned that same corner that gives the scenic climax view up Matt Canyon, and just like you Maia, we felt that it made it all worthwhile. Here's the image I was so grateful for from our trip:

IMG_6326.JPG

Thanks again for Trip Report, and please keep them coming-- we've missed them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.