TR: South Yosemite Loop, July 22-July 29

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: South Yosemite Loop, July 22-July 29

Post by Lumbergh21 »

wildhiker wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:16 pm Thanks for the informative report. I'm impressed by your daily mileage - at least twice what I could do! I've visited those areas of Yosemite and Ansel Adams Wilderness multiple times and really love that country - especially for cross-country hiking. But I've missed some of the places you visited, like Kuna Lake, Upper Davis Lake, and Rodgers Lake - now I need to go see them! If you return to the Parker Pass area, be sure to make the short side trip over Mono Pass and down to Upper Sardine Lake. The rock rib just on the east side has a fabulous view down Bloody Canyon to Mono Lake. In fact, this is one of my go-to first day campsites for a trip out of the Mono Pass/Parker Pass trailhead. Based on the distances you covered, it would just be a snack stop for you!
-Phil

P.S. Some of the photos appear upside down for me.
Sorry about the photos. Many of them appear upside down or sideways when I load them onto Highsierratopix, so I flip them so they look right on my computer when I preview the post before I submit it. I guess I need to just ignore what they look like in the preview and submit them as they appear on my computer before I load them onto Highsierratopix. I did have a plan to go over Mono Pass. I'll have to look at that again, thanks.