TR - A Ridge Too Far (Upper Blue Canyon via Wishon)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR - A Ridge Too Far (Upper Blue Canyon via Wishon)

Post by Harlen »

cgundersen writes:
Nice work gents! And thanks for painting that blue arrow at the ridge crossing. I'll look for the cue next time I'm up there (I hope!).
Cameron, you may want to get michaelzim's opinion on that choice of a crossing. The other option is to stay high on the slope above.

DSC01903.jpg
The dashed blue line is probably a safer bet-- stable blocks, at least on the south side, and only ~160' of uphill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

100Peaks wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:27 pm You may get a kick out of my little trip report from 1987. We were even getting lost in that area back then!

https://www.100peaks.com/blog/2015/09/0 ... ry-unfolds
Wow, Derek!
What an adventure and what great detective work. It must have been almost as much fun as the original trip.
Thanks for posting.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

michaelzim wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:12 pm just got back from 10 days out in the Tunemah/Blue Canyon Basin which was the aborted goal of last year's trip.
Michael - Glad to see you made it into that remote country.
Plus you got to share the trip with Ian, a very amazing and knowledgeable hiker and mountaineer.
We are looking forward to your report of this trip.