Sixty Lake Basin

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
wulfman
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Sixty Lake Basin

Post by wulfman »

I should add that I stumbled across some Alltrails discussion from somebody who turned around at the Notch (didn't find a way down), but it appeared as if they had looked down from one bump over to the north-west from the actual entry point.
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maiathebee »

I went up that way last year. iirc the routefinding was super easy, there even was a trail. Although there was one place where people made cairns going the wrong way to a cliffy area when there was a much easier route a little lower to the west. I don't remember climbing anything like you show in your photo, @wulfman It was a rocky and sandy gully with scattered vegetation and a use trail. Maybe I just don't remember though. But only last year... hmm. getting old maybe.

AllTrails is for n00bs who just want to follow a gps track. No surprise they didn't find the right way.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

For what it's worth, this is how I went. I was not trying to follow any use-trail, but did bump into one part of the way.
Gardnier04_cropped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.