TR: Rock Creek

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Rock Creek

Post by giantbrookie »

fishhunter wrote:Was wondering how hard it would be to take off from Lower Morgan up to Finch Lake and Split/Spire Lakes. Sounds like the area has quite a few use trails but campsites could be limited.
I don't want to hijack this thread off topic but the route from the Morgan Lakes to Split is fairly easy (class 2), but I don't recall much of anything resembling a use trail. I did this route in reverse (Split Lake to Morgan Lakes to Mosquito Flat trailhead) on the second day of a two-day loop that went into Split L. via Dade Lake over what I believe is called Peppermint Pass (saddle NE of Bear Creek Spire) thence down to Spire L. and then Split.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fishhunter
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Rock Creek

Post by fishhunter »

Thanks GB, man you've seem to have been everywhere I want to go! How was the fishing up at Split/Spire?