A note of gratitude

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: A note of gratitude

Post by Jimr »

balzaccom wrote:And I like that bandana--we have one just like it!
If you're talking about my kid's bandana, yeah, that's a back-up of dad's bandana I've had on every hike since my early 20's. I used to dig holes for a living and used the bandana as a headband. I'd typically pull it down around my neck after the job was done. The habit just stuck, that's why it's tied the way it is. Had to pass it on to the younger unit.
[rimg]100_4493.JPG[/rimg]
[rimg]100_3066.JPG[/rimg]
[rimg]san clemente uw2.JPG[/rimg]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

ERIC wrote:Good stuff.

Hey, Russ, if you're 151 was in that Lexan Nalgene near the flame I'm in awe. It's half gone, and you guys haven't even hit the trail yet. :partyman:
We didn't drink it at that point. A large bottle of 151 only goes to 3/4 of a Nalgene. I think the rest plus the extra small bottle is in that crappy looking bottle to the right on the table. In a group we tend to spread the weight based on how we look at each other's ability and where we want to go.

We find beer is best on the first night. :drinkers:

And yes, not to get too off track with the thread, I think all the people here who actively participate make this a very great place to hang out and exchange ideas, techniques and reports which help others plan.

I still like my beanie at night, even if it's "equipment." :)
Herm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Herm »

Thanks to all for keeping it real. These forums are a great place to learn and to share what you have learned - to talk about where you have been and what you have seen, and done. To wonder about future routes and explorations. To live vicariously through the awesome exploits of others, those who maybe participate beyond the bounds considered real for those like me, and maybe you too. Thanks for sharing.
I like my gear, it works for how I use it, and I try to make it last, and it has.

Cheers,
Herm
I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.
The hermit
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by The hermit »

I gave up using a nalgene or a flask for my sauce. A disposable bottle is much lighter and I you can crush it after youre done. Bulk is almost as important as weight for me.This post is about equipment that adds to the experience!
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Rlone Wrote:
I still like my beanie at night, even if it's "equipment." :)
Mornings are good too.
[rimg]P8110708.JPG[/rimg]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
papasequoia
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by papasequoia »

151 goes great with cocoa. Is that equipment or experience? :D
Nature always wins
> miles = < people