Favorite eastside resorts & resort settings?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
nv114

Re: Favorite eastside resorts & resort settings?

Post by nv114 »

For a family-friendly spot with killer views and hiking options, I'd suggest checking out June Lake. It's got that laid-back vibe without the hustle and bustle of Mammoth Lakes. Plus, there are some decent resorts along the June Lake Loop that fit the bill. The June Lake Villager is one I've heard good things about, and it's right by the lake, so you still get that serene vibe.
Gogd
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Gogd »

Not one mention of Big Pine Creek, out of Big Pine?
There is Glacier Lodge at the end of the road. It used include the main lodge but that burned down decades ago, so now there is just a handful of rustic cottages, all with running water, toilet and shower, some with kitchenettes. The cottage were moved there, having been purchased from the 1930 LA Olympics, where they were used to house the athletes. Most have an outside fire ring for those who like that kind of thing. The lodge also has a small store. There other more comfortable lodging options further down the road, I imagine some these are available for rent.
I like soloing with friends.
texan
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by texan »

I always stay at Creekside Inn in Bishop and Bridgeport Inn in Bridgeport. My friend has stayed has stayed at Caples Lake Resort and liked it a lot. I guess it just depends on what amenities you want.

Texan
texan
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by texan »

I forgot we stayed at Parcher's resort one time by South Lake and it was great. Didn't do it again because it was difficult to get reservations. For a family it we be a great place to stay. Creek and lake fishing right around the corner plus excellent hiking for everyone.

Texan