Parking your vehicle on Granite View Rd. (Lone Pine)

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
JosiahSpurr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Parking your vehicle on Granite View Rd. (Lone Pine)

Post by JosiahSpurr »

. (Step 1:) Find a staple gun hanging off the Olancha Pass sign, there was a new FS laminated sheet of paper stapled to the frame. (Step 2:) Buy food at Lone Star Bistro. (Step 3:) Ask the two gentlemen at the next table how to return the staple gun to the FS. (Step 4:) Continue the conversation until everyone gets to know one another.

The two guys I met had just returned from an Inyo Co. Board of Supervisors meeting. Will the Handyman is running for office. The other guy, Joe, lives off the grid in the first house on the L on Granite View Road. It's the one where "un chien bizarre" (a crazy dog) runs along the fence "chasing" cars that go by. There's a hole by the fence corner where his dog plants it's feet to come to a grinding halt to avoid running into the fence. He was involved with installing public art in the LA Metro light rain and subway stations. I told him I drove Metro buses for fifteen (15) years and that I'm working on a 100% ridge route to Mt. Langley that starts somewhere behind his backyard. So, he welcomed me to stop by and park on Granite View, WITH A DAY PASS DISPLAYED (U.S. Forest Service, at the Inter-Agency Visitor's Center south of town at the junction to Death Valley). That's my tip: a Day Pass gives the locals a sense of appropriate propriety. *

(Here's a shot of Mt. Langley after sunset. There was also a snow fan blowing off the south side of Mt. Williamson.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.