Opening Links in New Tab

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
limpingcrab
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Opening Links in New Tab

Post by limpingcrab »

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I also realize it's relatively simple to right click and open links in new tabs.

That being said, this is the only forum I use that doesn't automatically open links in new tabs. It's nice when it works like that so your page on HST remains open while checking out the posted links. I believe it also makes it less likely for users to just move on and not return to the site. If it's an easy change on the administrator end then I think it would be a good idea.

That's it, the end, have a wonderful day
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Opening Links in New Tab

Post by SirBC »

Most all mice allow for middle-clicking the scroll wheel to open a link in a new tab.
-------------
Dave | flickr
grampy
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by grampy »

Also, for IPhone (and undoubtedly Android phones as well) you can hold down on the link for one second, and a temporary dialog box opens, allowing you to do the “open in new tab” action.
Gogd
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Gogd »

Or if one cannot not mouse center (wheel) click, CTL Key + left click will open link in new window.

Ed
I like soloing with friends.