Seeking Information on Lost Dog Lake Access from Beck Lake Trail

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
edwardsjethro
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Seeking Information on Lost Dog Lake Access from Beck Lake Trail

Post by edwardsjethro »

Hello All,

I have searched for this information, but can not find any mention. I have a permit for the Beck Lake trail out of Devil’s Postpile on April 2nd. I am interested in trying to get to Lost Dog Lake the first day, and I am wondering if anyone has experience visiting this lake?

Thank you.
texan
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Seeking Information on Lost Dog Lake Access from Beck Lake Trail

Post by texan »

The road is closed to Devils Postpile until at least mid-June. How are you going to get there on April 2. Is the April 2nd date correct.

Texan
grampy
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by grampy »

texan -
This is the second time (to my recollection, anyway) that this question was posted. The first time, somebody replied with something like “why do you want to go to Lost Dog Lake?”.

A day or so later, the thread was removed by a Moderator.
texan
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by texan »

grampy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:09 pm texan -
This is the second time (to my recollection, anyway) that this question was posted. The first time, somebody replied with something like “why do you want to go to Lost Dog Lake?”.

A day or so later, the thread was removed by a Moderator.
Thanks for letting me know.

Texan
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
grampy
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by grampy »

Thanks, Maverick - I stand corrected. You didn’t remove the thread.

But turns out this is the THIRD time the question has been posted, under different user names. The third post has precisely the same wording as the first, except the permit date is changed from August 2 to April 2. Someone must be training their A.I. bot , or setting up for a blizzard of spam .

I hope that other HST members don’t waste any effort trying to respond to this thread.