Circle of Solitude 2024 = Feedback Sought

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Lenier
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Circle of Solitude 2024 = Feedback Sought

Post by Lenier »

Your 2nd point is a good one ranger, my desire is just to camp in good places - I can do big miles if I really have to for a great campsite. I'd totally push downhill until darn near sunset to get to the right place!
oddtiger
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by oddtiger »

Lake South America to Lake Reflection and East Lake is less crowded and more scenic IMO. I really like the view at East Lake. Here is my camp photo a couple of years ago.
IMG_3727.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Getting from Lake South America to Reflection Lake involves some serious off-trail travel. Just be sure you have the experience to do it and conditions are favorable. North sides of passes could be very dangerous if still holding snow.
zwoij
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by zwoij »

A ranger suggested camping at Avalance Pass and it was excellent. From the pass itself, which is pretty much flat, we walked straight north a couple hundred yards until we had views down into Kings Canyon. We had to pack in water, but it was a wonderful place to stop after a longish day from Colby Lake.