TR: A Wild, First Ever in Sequoia-N.A.P. to Cleaver Col, 8/29- 9/4/23

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: A Wild, First Ever in Sequoia-N.A.P. to Cleaver Col, 8/29- 9/4/23

Post by SNOOOOW »

Outstanding report. You have definitely changed your buddies life and I would not be surprised if he asks when the next adventure is.
Miter Basin basically introduced me to this website maybe 12 years ago as I stumbled into Andy's camp, bluewater, out near Sky Blue Lake and I was amazed at his lightweight setup. I was still carrying around 50+ lbs everywhere I went and from that trip forward I have been trimming the fat thanks to a lot of people here.
Great photos as always. Thanks for sharing Ian :drinkers:
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic

Post by wildhiker »

Thanks for another exciting trip report with great photos! Your climbing ability is way beyond mine!
-Phil
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Just returned from the Emigrant to find more kind and thoughtful comments from you all. Thanks a lot, Ian.

p.s. SNOOOOW, I met up with Andy once in Laguna Beach, and saw his great DIY pack and gear. I too was really inspired by him. And Phil, climbing has become much easier now that we don't carry kids on our backs-- as you well know. :)
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.