Cedar Grove Lodge Closure

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Fviolich
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Cedar Grove Lodge Closure

Post by Fviolich »

Does anyone in our community have updates on the closure of Cedar Grove Lodge for the 2023 season? I spoke with Delaware North yesterday (4/17) who manages the property and they said it is due to roads and related damage. They confirmed it is closed for the season through the Fall. This may affect the adjacent camping grounds and access to Roads End. Highway 180 is open to John Muir Lodge (which is taking summer reservations) at the Kings Canyon Grant Grove entrance but it’s a long 20+ mile walk to Roads End. Thanks!
Lenier
Topix Regular

Re: Cedar Grove Lodge Closure

Post by Lenier »

The park has not made any statements about closures for Cedar Grove this year because they don't even have a reliable estimate for when the 180 will be open into the canyon. They've not given any information to people who own facilities down in there for example, the Boyden Cavern owners don't know anything more than we do. Delaware North giving you that information is probably the most information we have so far.
Fviolich
Topix Acquainted

Re: Cedar Grove Lodge Closure

Post by Fviolich »

Thanks Lenier. Nothing like a cavern owner being left in the dark. If I hear anything I’ll report back.