Yellowstone?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Iriscaddis
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Yellowstone?

Post by Iriscaddis »

Greetings, can anyone recommend a similar site like the great "HighSierra Topix" :) for Yellowstone county? Search results gives me sites like TripAdvisor, etc. Looking for a site like HST. Thank you
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Yellowstone?

Post by Harlen »

Hello Iriscaddis,

I'm trying to find my way through the Mountain Project website, and think it does have some potential to help in your quest.
I'll include a link to the page on Wyoming, and you'll find that from there you can click on various climbing areas, and get some short informational text, and often, many very fine photos of many parts of Wyoming, including Yellowstone.

MP is very much a cIimbing website, and I tried to locate trip reports without much success. There are some pretty nice long stories about specific climbs on this site. Mountain Project ranges all over the World, so there is a lot there that isn't specific to Wyoming, but see what you can find there.
Are you heading that way for a trip Iris? Do you live in the Rockies?

I very often arrange my trips around a mountain, or range that intrigues me after viewing the photos of it, so I hope you'll get something out of this. I also choose travels around wildlife opportunities, and I am very keen to explore the eastern side of Yellowstone N.P. on skis to view the wildlife extravaganza of over-wintering animals-- including herds of Bison, Elk, and the Wolves and other predators that follow the herds.

As famously asked in a classic film:* "What is your quest?!" ... and then:"What is your favorite color?!" :unibrow:

*Sorry, it's an odd reference to choose in a serious mountaineering site like HST, but if you search youtube for "what is your quest monty python" you 'll find that this 4 minute clip does begin with some Class 2-3X (or shall you decide it's an XX erutan?) climbing, followed by tremdous climber falls into that extreme exposure,

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/105708960/wyoming
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
wsp_scott
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by wsp_scott »

Check out Backcountrypost.com there are a large number of trip reports for Yellowstone and the GYE. Ask questions, everyone is friendly there (just like here).
My trip reports: backpackandbeer.blogspot.com
Iriscaddis
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Iriscaddis »

@harlen, and @wsp_scott, both very helpful for providing the two site. I will check them out. - Thank you.