Show the trash you packed out

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Gogd
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Show the trash you packed out

Post by Gogd »

c9h13no3 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:34 pm
Wandering Daisy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:33 amDay hikers particularly seem to think nothing of throwing their used tissues on the trail.
That's a mighty broad brush you're painting with... especially since most day hikers just poop when they get back to a toilet. When it comes to which group has less of an impact per capita on the backcountry, I'm gonna bet on the group that eats, sleeps and poops somewhere else.
Oh I will defend WDs allegation! Mostly these are tissues with no evidence of being involved with poop. My theory is these are from women, given the locations they are found, just off the trail. The amount of on-trail tissue dramatically lowers within just a couple of mile of the parking lot. Thus why I suspect day hikers. Likewise the local day use only wildlife park on the Palos Verdes peninsula is strewn with tissues, despite a regular volunteer effort at removing such trash items.

Ed
I like soloing with friends.
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Show the trash you packed out

Post by paul »

Caught this fish near Lighting Corral Meadow in Blackcap Basin. clearly not a trout. Definitely not a native species. Dolphin? Whale? At any rate, well outside its native habitat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.