Anybody been up to Kennedy Meadows trailhead by the Emigrant wilderness recently

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
justm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Anybody been up to Kennedy Meadows trailhead by the Emigrant wilderness recently

Post by justm »

I'm heading up to Emigrant wilderness via Kennedy Meadows trailhead tomorrow, 7/26. I know it will be smoky , but how bad is it ?
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Anybody been up to Kennedy Meadows trailhead by the Emigrant wilderness recently

Post by windknot »

I drove down Hwy 108 past the turnoff to Kennedy Meadows yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. It was smoky, but not terrible. With the way the winds can shift though, I'm not sure how helpful that is. Good luck on your trip if you make it out there!
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Anybody been up to Kennedy Meadows trailhead by the Emigrant wilderness recently

Post by c9h13no3 »

Use this forecast and this webcam and decide if it is worth it for yourself.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by balzaccom »

Wednesday is was quite clear. Remember that the Dardanelles area burned badly a few years ago. Most of these campgrounds were at least half empty during the middle of the week.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963