Kaiser Peak from George Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
jillsocean
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Kaiser Peak from George Lake

Post by jillsocean »

Hi there,
I will be taking a youth group to Twin and George Lakes. I would like to plan a route to Kaiser Peak, and have found several potential routes while looking the forums, maps, and other sites, but the route descriptions are quite vague. To join the Kaiser loop trail we could go straight up the drainage behind George Lake, head up to College Lake and traverse back, or go up to the ridge behind Campfire Lake. As I'll have a group of early backpackers, I'd like to settle on the most clear and least technical route ahead of time. Thanks for any help you can provide!
JM
donutnational
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Kaiser Peak from George Lake

Post by donutnational »

I did this a couple of weeks ago. I used the route from College lake and found an easy to follow path with no difficulties. I think going up directly behind George lake would have some significant bushwhacking. Have fun
jillsocean
Topix Acquainted

Post by jillsocean »

Thank you donutnational! I would love to hear more details if you are willing. I sent you a PM.
savagebear
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by savagebear »

I did the route directly behind George Lake (inlet I suppose) about 7 years ago. It is steep in places and no well marked way. Several ledges to work around/up. I wouldn't do it with begginers.
jillsocean
Topix Acquainted

Post by jillsocean »

We did do the hike from College Lake and it was easy and wonderful.