Tuolumne Meadows Store?

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Tuolumne Meadows Store?

Post by BSquared »

I know: this isn't really a "condition," but it's not entirely unlike the usual postings here about the Tioga Road... Forgive me if it seems hopelessly off-topic, but there wasn't any other forum that seemed to fit.

So: does anyone know if the TM store (and associated folderol) will be open as usual despite the closure of the campground this year?
—B²
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Tuolumne Meadows Store?

Post by LMBSGV »

You might try emailing Aramark to find out. Right now, their website merely says "Closed for the season," which could mean they intend to open it once the Tioga Road is open or they simply have not bothered to deal with the situation of the campground being closed.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
BSquared
Founding Member

Post by BSquared »

Excellent suggestion, Larry! Here's what they said:
Hello,

Lodging at Tuolumne should be open as we have booked most availability already and have not announced any cancellations. The store should be open when lodging opens on 6/3/22. We will update on our website under Guest Updates when we know more.
—B²
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by bobby49 »

I always thought that the store was placed correctly to get business from the campground users and from backpackers, especially for thru-backpackers.

The store doesn't seem to be placed correctly only for lodge customers or for auto-based tourists.
fpb56
Topix Acquainted

Post by fpb56 »

The park itself should have that answer for you, even though the store is operated by a vendor. Go to the website for YNP and send them an email or call them.
Jim F
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Jim F »

I was in the Store this morning (Monday 5/30/22) and was told it will open this Friday (6/3/22). (The staff is currently setting things up.) I was told that the Snack Bar will not open this Season.

Looking forward to a great season in the TM area!

Jim
BSquared
Founding Member

Post by BSquared »

Thanks very much, Jim! Yes, it's going to be interesting to see what the crowds are like with the campground closed!
—B²