Bubbs Creek Crossing to East Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
ExploreABitMore
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Bubbs Creek Crossing to East Lake

Post by ExploreABitMore »

Just curious when folks think this might become a reasonable crossing in a dry year such as this year?

I haven't been there before, but am used to hearing reports that it is a fairly adventurous crossing late into the summer of a big snow year.

Any advice for someone who is not particularly brave with water crossings?

Thanks!
Sierra Nevada, Mojave Desert, Night Sky Photography: http://www.evanthomasphoto.com/
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Re: Bubbs Creek Crossing to East Lake

Post by bobby49 »

If the normal crossing location looks bad, then go downhill on the trail and cross closer to the west end of the big meadow where the creek is wider and slower.
ExploreABitMore
Topix Regular

Post by ExploreABitMore »

bobby49 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:23 am If the normal crossing location looks bad, then go downhill on the trail and cross closer to the west end of the big meadow where the creek is wider and slower.
Thanks Bobby. Did not realize that was an option. I'll probably just head straight for that easier crossing!
Sierra Nevada, Mojave Desert, Night Sky Photography: http://www.evanthomasphoto.com/
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Post by bobby49 »

At the last time that I crossed Bubbs there, the water was at my pants pockets, and the only challenge was climbing out of the water and over the bank.