Inyo Permit question

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Inyo Permit question

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I just booked a permit for Bishop Pass. When booking I was asked where I would pick up my permit. But on the Inyo web-site it says you loose your permit if you do not print it out by a certain date. So which is correct? Are they requiring in-person pick up this year?
TurboHike
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Inyo Permit question

Post by TurboHike »

The permit can be printed at home; you can also request the permit via email or over the phone, but you would still need to print it. It appears that in-person pick up is also allowed. Full instructions are here.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/inyo/pas ... rdb5356869

You should have received this link in your email reservation confirmation. Look near the bottom of that email.

I'll be printing at home, just easier IMO.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Re: Inyo Permit question

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I received the confirmation with the information. I am still not clear on the 2-nights (or is it days) limit in Dusy Basin. I am going in and out. Does that mean two contiguous or two for the entire permit? I assume that what is on your permit is legal. I put in a quick itinerary - not what I am actually doing because of their stupid time limit to short to get my real schedule in. Not sure I will even change it since I rarely go exactly as planned anyway. At one point it would not allow camping in Dusy, so I assume if the permit lists Dusy, it is legal.