New Yosemite/Tioga Rd reservation system for summer 2022

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
b_k
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

New Yosemite/Tioga Rd reservation system for summer 2022

Post by b_k »

I just saw that Yosemite is restarting another ticketed entry system again starting in May. However, unlike last last summer, drivers can't get passes to drive across Tioga Road(without stopping) to get to the Eastern Sierra unless they're entering between 4pm & 6am. Also, entry passes will only be valid for 3 days instead of the usual 7.Looks like I'll be doing some night driving to get to east side trailheads unless I'm lucky enough to snag a reservation. Ugh.

From https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/faq.htm:
I want to drive through the park without stopping. Do I need a peak-hours reservation?
Yes, you still need a peak-hours reservation to drive into the park between 6 am and 4 pm, even if you’re just passing through. If you enter the park before 6 am or after 4 pm, you can continue driving through the park (or stay and recreate) during peak hours on the day you enter the park.

Do I have to arrive on the first day of my peak-hours reservation?
No. One of the benefits of the three-day reservation is that you don’t have to arrive on the first day of your reservation. However, your peak-hours reservation is still valid for the three consecutive days starting with the arrival date on the reservation (i.e., if you arrive on the third day of your reservation, you can only use it for that day). Peak-hours reservations are valid 24 hours per day. There are no nighttime restrictions on visiting Yosemite. However, a campground reservation is required to camp or sleep in a vehicle anywhere in the park.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: New Yosemite/Tioga Rd reservation system for summer 2022

Post by LMBSGV »

There's more regarding this here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22130
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com