TR: Large loop out of SEKI Wolverton 7/5 to 7/13 (HST, cloud canyon, deadman canyon, tablelands)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
michaelzim
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Large loop out of SEKI Wolverton 7/5 to 7/13 (HST, cloud canyon, deadman canyon, tablelands)

Post by michaelzim »

@brownbat ...Likewise as others have said, great TR and gorgeous photos.

Glad I saw this as it's a great refresher for a similar sojourn I'm planning in summer of 2022. I did see it when you first posted some time back but was not reading it from the "Oh I'm going there!" point of view. Now looked at the map and photos much more closely...Indeed a great route.

I have a keen interest in what cameras people are using for the somewhat challenging harsh Sierras light. Great photos all round, thus same question as Daisy - what camera were you using???

Thanks much ~ Michaelzim
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Large loop out of SEKI Wolverton 7/5 to 7/13 (HST, cloud canyon, deadman canyon, tablelands)

Post by sekihiker »

I'm familiar with the trails you took but I had a hard time visualizing your route until I posted it on a map which I am attaching.

thegib
Topix Regular

Post by thegib »

Great job on the map.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

thegib wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:20 pm Great job on the map.
Thanks.
brownbat
Topix Acquainted

Post by brownbat »

Thanks all for the compliments on the photos. It was actually a lowly cellphone - pixel 3a - that took the shots. Google phones do a pretty nice color balance and light correction generally speaking :)

I look back at my photos often to transport me back :D