TR: Lake Bagging and Fishing around the Middle Fork Kings – 6/19 to 6/26 2021

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Lake Bagging and Fishing around the Middle Fork Kings – 6/19 to 6/26 2021

Post by wildhiker »

Looks like you had a true adventure! A bit too rugged and bushwhacking for my tastes, especially at my tender senior age, so I appreciate the chance to see it vicariously. You rave about the lakes, but I really liked the photo of Grouse Meadow - it looks so green and majestic. And I can get to it by trail! Still hope to get into that part of the Sierra some day.
-Phil
johnz
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Lake Bagging and Fishing around the Middle Fork Kings – 6/19 to 6/26 2021

Post by johnz »

papercup wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:28 pm Awesome report. Thanks for posting.
Thanks papercup!
wildhiker wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:47 pm Looks like you had a true adventure! A bit too rugged and bushwhacking for my tastes, especially at my tender senior age, so I appreciate the chance to see it vicariously. You rave about the lakes, but I really liked the photo of Grouse Meadow - it looks so green and majestic. And I can get to it by trail! Still hope to get into that part of the Sierra some day.
-Phil
Phil, you are absolutely right. Looking back, Joe, Jerzy and I all agree, the highlight was the day we spent napping, talking, and fishing in Grouse Meadow. During trip planning, I sometimes overlook the JMT just because I imagine crowds of people but that really wasn't the case. And besides, there is a reason why the JMT goes through where it does -- and Grouse Meadow is a perfect example.
Fishing Grouse Meadow copy.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.