Thousand Island Lake as a day hike from Agnew Meadows via the river trail?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Thousand Island Lake as a day hike from Agnew Meadows via the river trail?

Post by maiathebee »

I took that middle photo. I'm glad you found it worth saving and reposting. Usually it's nice to try to give credit when posting / using other people's photography. https://plutoniclove.com/2021/04/13/cro ... nson-peak/
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I think you could do it. But I also think you would be sorry you did not spend a night. Maybe try to get an overnight permit, then if you cannot, do the day-hike?
brianA
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by brianA »

maiathebee wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:32 am I took that middle photo. I'm glad you found it worth saving and reposting. Usually it's nice to try to give credit when posting / using other people's photography. https://plutoniclove.com/2021/04/13/cro ... nson-peak/
My biggest motivator for hiking is the pictures I see. For example, when I saw the Adams picture of T.I. in a National Geographic I had to go. At the time I didn't know about Agnew Meadows, so my friend and I did it via the Silver Lake Trail. Quite a mistake! But it was the picture that kept us going, and got us there. We still talk about it to this day as being the toughest day hike we've ever done.

I apologize for using your picture Maia. I simply forgot where it came from, but thought it might by important as a motivator for this hiker. I'm very happy you identified yourself as the photographer. It's a great pic, far better than mine.
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maiathebee »

I'm happy when people enjoy things I create :) I also know how easy it is to save some photos for motivation and then forget where they came from. No worries!
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love