North Lake "Loop" 8/28/20 - 9/04/20

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Bluewater
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: North Lake "Loop" 8/28/20 - 9/04/20

Post by Bluewater »

Thanks for your trip report and photos. A nice addition of some fun xc terrain to a classic loop. With limited time each season I usually move at a similar pace (and through the same areas over the years).

Just a side note, I thought your website looked familiar and when I scrolled through your reports I found an old favorite of mine. In preparation for a JMT thru hike in 2010 I remember reading your detailed report from 2009 a few times. I have also been back every year since then.

I appreciate your narrative writing style, it captures the feeling of backcountry adventure. Thanks!
stevet
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: North Lake "Loop" 8/28/20 - 9/04/20

Post by stevet »

Thanks Bluewater.

Limited time each season…that I totally understand. My Sierra season is at best a single trek over a long week.

Glad the old JMT report was helpful. With a bit of good fortune I’ll go S to N this year. I have a permit out of Cottonwood and am working to figure out logistics and finagle a couple weeks from work.