Mt Agassiz (and the Sierrapalooza gang)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

ww,

I got the ticket closer to home. I crossed the carpool line just as it closed I didn't want to cut the gaper off, and couldn't make my move til I was at the double lines. Another guy was right behind me, but because I did it first, I got the ticket. Yeah, traffic school. Kinda sux driving at 65-70 when everyone is flying by at 80+. :(

CHP is all over now. Saw a bunch of people getting pulled over by Pearsonville. I pulled over for gas, and to eat my take out spaghetti, and to rest a few minutes. They were inside, and when they saw me they came over. Turns out someone reported me as wreckless and driving at excessive speeds. I told them I went over the line once, and fishtailed but got back in control. I was passing two motorhomes, and got a little too far to the left and my back tire hit the reflector lights and I fishtailed a little. I told him I was not driving at excessive speeds. It probably looked that way when I fishtailed, though. They asked about drinking, where I came from, what I was doing, etc. I told him I was hiking all day and bagged two peaks, starting at 7am. He was ok after that.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

I got a speeding ticket on 395 a few months ago - 80 mph. That was my first speeding ticket in 30 years of driving, so I guess it was about time. I took did my driving school class online. So, for the next 15 or 16 months I'll be driving 70 mph instead of 80 mph on 395.
quentinc
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by quentinc »

I've always figured you're safe as long as you are less than 10 mph over the limit. I set my cruise control at 74 and keep my fingers crossed!
Phil R
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Phil R »

I guess I have been hanging around some "fast women". LOL!

Thank God for traffic school!
People are friendly at 6000 ft...and the higher you go, the friendlier they get.