Badlands NP Defies Trump Administration On Climate Change

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Badlands NP Defies Trump Administration On Climate Chang

Post by dave54 »

My answer was firmly tongue in cheek hyperbole,
since demonizing opponents is now common. I have seen the New York Times, WSJ, and NPR labeled as fake news sites because of their political slant. (Just because you do not agree with the tone of an article does not make the source fake).
I have grown weary of all the hatred and insults from both sides. My own brother has refused to talk to my other brother over the candidate each supported. I just unfollowed a long time friend on Facebook because he posts nothing but extreme left wing rants and insults anyone who is not rabidly anti-Trump. I hated to do that to a long time friend, but I finally decided I need to eliminate that much darkness on my FB feeds. I am also blocking anti right posts. I would dump my account entirely but it is how my far flung family keeps in touch.

My hope is all this hate fades in a few months. I despair it will not.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

"Log off and get outdoors! "

Time for a bit of your own medicine. Not rubbing it in at all.. Sage advice!! Facebook sucks time. Better to use the phone and have conversations.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I have to say to riown. That's good advice.
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

rlown wrote:"... Better to use the phone and have conversations.

Agree. I seem to be the last person on the planet that believes texting is NOT a form of communication.

I did get out today. I went hiking in the hills above Chloride, AZ. Found lots of really old petroglyphs. Old enough that desert varnish had begun reclaiming them and were almost completely faded and covered by brush.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Post by Vaca Russ »

dave54 wrote:I did get out today. I went hiking in the hills above Chloride, AZ. Found lots of really old petroglyphs. Old enough that desert varnish had begun reclaiming them and were almost completely faded and covered by brush.
Great! Did you take any pictures? Can you post a report? This is the "Beyond the Sierra" section.

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.