clark range, adair lake wanderings july 18 - 25, 2021

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
michaelgrosse
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

clark range, adair lake wanderings july 18 - 25, 2021

Post by michaelgrosse »

not a lot of interest in the meetup group i belong to, so posting it here...

july 18 - july 25

may shorten trip based ondifficulty level of side and off trail portions of the trip...

i currently have 3 additional permits for a 5 to 7 day jaunt around Yosemite, mostly around the Clark Range, the southern part of yosemite...the trip will be composed of both on and off trail adventuring...

likely as not, intermediate or beyond for this one...only you know what you should and shouldn't do....

message me to discuss and be added...

bear cans yes
self reliant yes
willingness to adapt per situation..for example i want to fish adair lake which means some serious off trail walking, should it become too much scree or other risks, be willing to change plan and not take unnecessary risks.

generalized itinary, mileage still can vary based on conditions, obstacles and the like.

july 18 pick up permit and stay at backpacker camp

july 19 8am head out mono meadows to either lower merced lake or ottoway....12 to 15 miles

july 20 break camp and head to adair lake, cross country from red peak pass.....5 - 7 miles

july 21 break camp possibly edna or harriet lake...mixed on and off trail
5 miles

july 22 break camp choices include off trail over into ansel adams for blue and rockbound lakes

more itinary tbd

bear cans yes
park admitance fee 35.00
wilderness permit 5 bucks

self reliant

this is less a walk a bunch and fast trip and more of exploration...

from everything i have, read this corner of yosemite is not nearly as crowded as other parts..
Sierra Miguel
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: clark range, adair lake wanderings july 18 - 25, 2021

Post by Sierra Miguel »

michaelgrosse wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:45 pm to either lower merced lake or ottoway
Lower Merced Pass Lake's shore is a swamp. Better to camp along the creek, or continue to Lower Ottoway.
from everything i have, read this corner of yosemite is not nearly as crowded as other parts..
Lower Ottoway is popular.