SEKI re-open as "phased approach"

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
commonloon
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

SEKI re-open as "phased approach"

Post by commonloon »

There is hope. I found this notice on SEKI's current conditions page. I'm really looking forward to socially distancing in the wilderness! Stay well everyone!

"2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response

Following guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local public health authorities, we are increasing access and services in a phased approach across all units of the National Park System. Before visiting a park, please check the park website to determine its operating status. Updates about the overall NPS response to COVID-19, including safety information, are posted on www.nps.gov/coronavirus."

https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
jorrflv
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: SEKI re-open as "phased approach"

Post by jorrflv »

I don't see any details on the phases... like dates.. Did you?
commonloon
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: SEKI re-open as "phased approach"

Post by commonloon »

No, I was just happy to see something, anything.

Newsom did say today that "Phase 2" will start Friday. We have to wait and see how different parks handle reconciling country & state orders and federal guidelines, and keeping staff safe.